Friday, November 12, 2010

Calling all cooks!

So, I don't know about your family, but every once in awhile I find that my family is in a rut when it comes to what we eat for supper. We are in such a rut as I type this and as you read this. I thought it would be kind of fun, then, to see what other people are making for supper. And it would be fun for you, the reader, if I turned it into some kind of contest. So, here's what we'll do.

1.  Email me your favorite main dish recipe (if you're a facebook friend, send it in a message). I will take the first 12 that reach my inbox. (Include your kitchen colors at the bottom of the recipe!)

2.  Each night I will make your recipe for my family, who will then critique it. (They are TOUGH!)

3.  After cooking my way through all the recipes, I will award one fabulous homey chef with one fabulous prize and the bragging rites of having a recipe featured in the Martin Family Monthly Meal Plan.

My family and I will judge the recipes based on the following criteria: taste (of course!), presentation, ease of preparation and cost. As I make the recipes, I'll post them on my blog so you can spice things up at your house too. Start sending them in! I'll start on Monday!

cheymartin@bellsouth.net

2 comments:

Leah said...

My family blog is also a food blog. I have lots of yummy recipes on there. you should check it out! www.thefabfiveandfood.blogspot.com I also love www.justapinch.com I have gotten 4 blue ribbons from that site and had a featured recipe! I will post my cumin pork chop recipe for you! That was the one that was featured and it is super easy!

Leah said...

Here is the link to my grilled cumin pork chop recipe! I even have a picture to entice you! ;) http://thefabfiveandfood.blogspot.com/2010/06/cumin-grilled-pork-chops.html#comments